The Other Side of LIfe

My husband just called, my father-in-law just died. What do I say, what do I do? I have never been good with death. All I know is that my father-in-law is with God. I know that to be true. Death is just a transition, going from one form of existence to the other. 

Jesus died on the cross so that we may be together with him in heaven. There is a beautiful description of physical death in the book of Revelation 21:4, “He will wipe every tear from their eyes. Death will be no more; mourning and crying and pain will be no more, for the first things will pass away”.

In the book of John when Jesus’ friend Lazarus dies, Jesus says to Martha, “I am the resurrection and the life. Those who believe in me, even though they die, will live”. (John 11:25) Jesus tells her about the resurrection of the dead and that she will see Lazarus again. Thus it will be with us, our earthly bodies will die but our spiritual bodies will be born. 1 Corinthians 15:22, 26, “for all die in Adam, so all will be made alive in Christ….the last enemy to be destroyed is death”. 

But how will we see each other? This is a big question that I think all of us contemplate at one time or another. 1 Corinthians 15:38-58 talks about the resurrection body. (Verse 35) “How are the dead raised? With what kind of body do they come? (Verse 44) It is sown a physical body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a physical body, there is also a spiritual body”. 

The Bible teaches us that we will receive new imperishable bodies when our physical bodies die. 1 Corinthians 15:52, “For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable and we will be changed”. What will we be changed to is the big question. I’m sure it will be something amazing, something truly magnificent. 

Isaiah 26:19 says, “Your dead shall live, your corpses shall rise, O dwellers I’m the dust, awake and sing for joy! For your dew is a radiant dew, and the earth will give birth to those long dead”. Through this verse God proclaims the dead shall be raised from the grave. 

So it is with much sorrow that I must say and earthly goodbye to my father-in-law, but I know that I will see him again one day on the other side if life. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My First Blog Post

Lost and Found

Draw Near To Me